Sunday, September 17, 2006

some wince with your pie?

I was writing a reader response to "The Cask of Amontillado" by Edgar Allen Poe, and I had some amusing typos I thought I'd share. The first was that instead of "Poe", I accidentally typed "Pie". Then again, for someone as dark as Poe, some comic relief is welcome. Just so you know, I don't have a good relationship with Poe. Too, as Malcom Reynolds would say, "morbid and creepifying" for me. The other typo was putting "wince cellar" instead of "wine cellar". Mom and I got a good laugh out of that one.
Also, some news - I went and observed at my friend's Dungeons and Dragons group, and I think I'm going to join. I got the Player's Handbook today, and I'm working on a character (an elf Druid). I don't know how I'm going to afford the other two rulebooks ($40 on Amazon for both), but I think for now I can mooch off other people. A really nice guy who works at the mini-mart down the street helped me start filling out my character sheet. He's been playing D&D for about 5 years. Everyone else in the group is really nice, too. It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home