Sunday, July 30, 2006

Journal Entry # 7 - A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Sigh... I rediscovered The Writer's Workshop in a Box, which my grandmother gave to me for my birthday or Christmas (I'm not positive which) last year. It's really nice - it has a book on writing, a blank journal, a pen, and 30 writing exercise cards with nice black-and-white photographs. I love those writing prompts. They aren't stupid prompts for kids or prompts like my english teachers give me that aren't any fun at all to write on. They're insightful and thought-provoking. It's wierd - when i got that kit, i wasn't really that motivated to write, but now that I've started a journal and a blog, I can't stop writing. It's crazy, but it's cool, too. I've never been able to keep up a journal for very long before, but it's nice now.
So, I decided I'd get a bowl of goldfish (crackers) and a code red and go outside and try some of the prompts, since it's pretty nice out today. It's only about 85-ish with a breeze. But no... Our neighbor has his friends over sometimes to play horseshoes and they crank up the rock music and yell and shout at each other (the rock music I don't mind - It's the yelling that gets to me), and he picked just that particular moment to bring his friends out so that they could start bellowing at each other about the landscaping changes that our neighbor had made in his back yard, and then proceed to loudly start playing horseshoes. Ugh. I don't know why, but these guys just can't seem to communicate without shouting or clanging something. The cranked up rock music doesn't bother me at all, but the shouting is insufferable. So, I packed up my stuff and went back inside. I can't find peace and solace to write in with men yelling in the background.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home