Journal Entry # 2 - Pre Op
Background Info:
I have braces. Thankfully, after a little over a year, they're coming off soon. Therefore, Kalange (my orthodontist - and torturer) ordered me to get a fiberotomy (where they cut the little fibers attached to the teeth so when they take the braces off they don't just twist back crooked again), and a frenectomy (where they cut out the little fold of skin between my top lip and my gums). My friend, Bobby, goes to the same orthodontist as me and also has braces.
Note: If you haven't read The Naming by Alison Croggon (if you haven't,you should - it's awesome), then you should proceed with caution after the fourth dotted line.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm on my way to Dr. Fergeson's office for my fiberotomy. Sigh....
Mom says I should make a list of the books I've read this summer, so now is the hard part - remembering them - here goes.
-The Golden Compass
-The Subtle Knife
-The Amber Spyglass
-The Naming
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uh-oh. we're here...
ummm... this is infuriating! I can't remember... *frown*
Why is it that every time I go to a doctor's office, the secretary is always on the phone and they talk really loudly and it echoes around the room. I can hardly hear myself think. Doom is approaching.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of the assistant people just told us that they're running late... so 15 more minutes of "Hello, this is Dr. Fergeson's office..." aaah! I don't know what will be worse, the rubber bands and adjustments etc. that Kalange did ("We don't call it pain here, we call it progress." -says Kalange) or the fiberotomy. Like Bobby said - living on soup. I think that they play "elevator music" in doctors offices (waiting rooms). "waiting room music." Mom's reading a book about FDR. Chapter 28 is called "The Hairy Hand"... go figure. waiting is worse. madness is finding me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I suppose I could say something about The Naming, the book I just finished. I praise. It had a lot of rich descriptions, which required concentration to actually absorb - it turns out that the author is a poet, so no wonder. It was a very detailed story and I liked it, even if it was a little hard to read sometimes. I liked that she included things like Maerad getting her period (cadvan was mortified) and that sort of thing. It wasn't just sort of distant, like tolkien.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uh-oh... here I go to my doom.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home